Saturday 29 June 2013

Sleep is for the weak



zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Sleep is for the weak! That’s what they say isn’t it? Whoever “they” are…..insomniacs probably. But these days, as a hard working, contributing member of society I find myself agreeing with it somewhat.

Far too often it seems like I get up, go to work, come home, go to bed, get up, go to work and so on and so forth. This can’t be right can it? This isn’t fair. I object. I shouldn’t be forced to give away eight hours of my day everyday for sleep. There’s so much to do. DVDs to watch, internet to browse, sitting down to do. All the spice and variety of life. 

Wait…no that’s wrong… Variety is the spice of life. That’s what they say isn’t it? Whoever “they” are…people with ADHD probably.

Why do people go so crazy for this sleep thing anyway? Is it the dreaming? Is that the appeal? Maybe that’s what I’m missing out on.
I hardly ever remember my dreams and when I do they’re the sort of vaguely disturbing thing you don’t particularly want ingrained in your memory. Like that time I was left wandering a desolate post nuclear wasteland….with Luigi….

true story bro

These days I find myself actively fighting sleep. I’ll stay up even though I’m tired, I’ll get up far earlier than I have any real need to. I’ve just got more enjoyable things to do and I can’t be bothered with it.
Except when I have to get up for work, when I would literally kill a man to have more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment